Wednesday, July 1, 2009

THING #23

I had never heard of these social networks and was excited to explore their capabilities. I enjoyed exploring the Discussions. It gives me insight into how these networks can be used in the classroom. It is hard to imagine some of this since my job isn't directly related to students and classroom so it helps to get perspective from the teacher . I do worry some about the networking in school because there is always that small percentage that will not adhere to the acceptable use policy and therefore makes it hard to manage. I can see where NING might be useful to a classroom teacher for certain units, and posting assignments as well as the discussion among the students. This is another way for the student to think outside the box and to express in writing what his/her mind is thinking. It is a great way to network and gather information. I can see that maybe NING would be a great social network for families too.

No comments:

Post a Comment