Wednesday, July 1, 2009

THING #14

What is a Wiki... I have been listening for months when the administrators have returned from one of the technology trainings and hearing all about wikis, now I can say I understand a wiki. What a great tool for the classroom teachers to encourage group projects and collaboration and networking. As I read through these wikis I immediately thought of my grandchildren that are in school. This would truly encourage all the students to think outside the box and to become active participants in group projects. I loved the Salute to Seuss, and to think that the final result came from the culmination of talents from PK through Sixth graders. I am amazed at the creativity that this activity cultivates.

I can see where this could be useful in administration, especially when we are working on certain large projects and have several people working on the same concept. This is the way we could track all the changes in one place instead of everyone submitting changes and having to combine the changes to one document. My mind is still spinning on thinking of ways we can collaborate and make this a useful tool in our office. I think I can..I think I can.. I know I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment