Wednesday, July 1, 2009

THING #21

I am overwhelmed at everything technology has to offer. I had no idea that Google tools could be so useful not only in my job but in networking my family. The Google Notebook is a great resource tool that I didn't even know existed. This Google Engine is as powerful as the Little Engine that Could. I set up some web albums in Picasa and have shared these with my family. Now that I am getting use to tagging it is a great way to pull photos and share with appropriate family members. I also wanted to network with my kids and their activities, so I have set up a Google Calendar. With two granddaughters in sporting events this is the perfect way for all of us to share our activities and schedule around any activities the kids may have. I believe my family is going to get computer savy before this class is over.

1 comment:

  1. I love your idea of using a Google Calendar to "organize" the family events. My mom would totally love this idea because she could just log on the calendar to see what the girls have going on. I would probably help John too since he can't keep his work schedule and the girls' schedules straight.

    ReplyDelete