Wednesday, July 1, 2009

THING #22

I never thought I would be one to enjoy social networking, don't get me wrong...I love socializing and networking, but I have always been afraid of these sites. However, Facebook has become my families networking site. Our schedules are so busy that we do not have time to have long conversations but I can always see what's going on in their lifes. Who would have thought that your grandchildren would enjoy networking with their grandmother. This has been a wonderful communication tool. My grandson is 20 years old and he allows me to be his friend on Facebook. It is amazing how he will comment on photos I have posted or just drop a note to say hi and catch me up with his "social" life. I must say I was concerned with the security on these sites, but I am careful when I post photos or videos that I restrict the view to only friends. This makes me feel a little more comfortable. This aspect of still scares me.

No comments:

Post a Comment