Tuesday, June 30, 2009

THING #8

Currently, I do most of the power point presentations for the Superintendent's office and other administrators. I have always been concerned about the copyright laws especially regarding the use of students and since we are in education and they are our reason for existence we love to incorporate students into our presentations . However, our office has purchased several cd's containing photos that are freeware so we do not have to be concerned with copyright laws. I am excited to know that through the use of Creative Commons I will be able to share slides, photos and information without fearing Mrs. Copright (Mary Woodard). I know how sensitive the copyright laws are and am glad to see that with the use of the internet it is being addressed in a way that is protecting and useful. If I have seen the cc in the websites I've searched, I've never paid attention to it, but now I will be very watchful and be sure to bookmark these pages for additional references. Man oh man I do think my brain is in overload with all this information and just hope that I can catalog the information.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the Mrs. Copright (haven't used that one).
    Creative Commons is awesome, but it can be a little overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete