Monday, June 29, 2009

Technology is uncharted territory for so many of us. I definitely am one that embraces continuous learning; however I am a little resistant with some of the technology. I love the fact that my iphone keeps me connected to family and friends and I also have access to my emails on one small cellphone. However, I hate losing the personal touch...a handwritten note from my grandchildren. I would have never dreamed that we would be embarking on an age where texting would take the place of that letter. I also worry that technology has made my children and grandchildren accepting to the use of slang terms that are accepted in texting and when they are doing an assignment this slang filters through without a second thought. The fact that we can access any information by just googling is awesome, but does one know how to find a phone number the "old fashioned way" - the yellow or white pages.. and reading the newspaper has now become part of the past. However, my husband refuses to give up this vice and will never read the paper on line. I like most love the fact of shopping via of the internet; however, I also worry about my personal information being in the guts of some computer somewhere and landing in the wrong hands. Bottom line, change is good and please don't take my computer away, I remember typing all those Curriculum Guides with carbon paper...What a nightmare and I also remember the first computer we brought into MISD, the Burroughs system and I thought, I will never learn to use that thing but you know what I embraced the challenge and I embracing this challenge...

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you with your fancy blog! I knew you would catch up to us. I hope to see pictures of those grandbabies coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you! All the new technology is fascinating, but I hope we still remember the importance of the human touch!

    You can find my blog at:
    http://campbellsblog-de.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete